The DB4 is a grand tourer that was produced by Aston Martin from 1958 to 1963.

Technically, DB4 was a development of DB Mark III that was replaced but with a completely new body. The design of the DB4 served as the basis for later Aston Martin models, such as the DB4 GT Zagato, the Lagonda Rapide 4-door.

The lightweight superleggera body (tube frame) was designed by Carrozzeria Touring in Milan, and its Continental appearance made a sensation when presented at the 1958 London Motor Show. Although design and construction techniques were Italian, the DB4 was the first. Aston to be built on the company's works at Newport Pagnell in Buckinghamshire, England.

Specifications
The 3.7 L (3670 cc / 223 in³) engine, designed by Tadek Marek, a Polish racing driver, has 6 straight-head twin cams with cylinder head and cast RR50 aluminum alloy block, a development previous engine. The engine was prone to overheating initially, but the 240 hp (179 kW) [2] produced by the twin-SU carburetor version caused buyers to forgive this unfortunate feature [4]. Serviced disc brakes were mounted all the time: 11.5-inch (292 mm) initial Dunlops were replaced with Girlings. Initially, the DB4 installed 16 "wheels with Avon TurboSpeed ​​600H16 crossover tires, or Pirelli Cinturato CA67 185VR16 as a radial option. In 1962, they switched to 15" wheels with Avon TurboSpeed ​​6.70V15 with the upgrade option. of the Pirelli Cinturato 185VR15 radials. The independent front suspension used articulated bones, springs, and rack and pinion steering. The active rear axle [5] also used coil springs and was located by a Watt connection. The normal final drive ratio for British and European use was 3.54: 1: in the United States, the ratio was usually 3.77. Customers who want a car with an especially high top speed can choose a ratio of 3.31: 1.

A car with the British Standard 3.54 final drive ratio tested by The Motor magazine in 1960 had a top speed of 139.3 mph (224.2 km / h) and could accelerate from 0 to 60 mph (97 km / h). h) in 9.3 seconds. It has a fuel consumption of 17.7 miles per imperial gallon (16.0 L / 100 km; 14.7 mpg-US). The test car cost £ 3967 including tax.
The DB4 is a grand tourer that was produced by Aston Martin from 1958 to 1963.

Technically, DB4 was a development of DB Mark III that was replaced but with a completely new body. The design of the DB4 served as the basis for later Aston Martin models, such as the DB4 GT Zagato, the Lagonda Rapide 4-door.

The lightweight superleggera body (tube frame) was designed by Carrozzeria Touring in Milan, and its Continental appearance made a sensation when presented at the 1958 London Motor Show. Although design and construction techniques were Italian, the DB4 was the first. Aston to be built on the company's works at Newport Pagnell in Buckinghamshire, England.

 

Pin It

Angra do Heroísmo

Notícias Regionais

Ilha Terceira

Economia

Startups

Outras Notícias

Mundo

Cultura

Saúde

Sociedade

Motores

Motores